AmericanEnergyIndependence.com Logoline Call to Action
Journey to Energy Independence

American Fuels

The U.S. economy has become dangerously dependent on foreign oil.

  •  57% of all oil consumed in the U.S. is imported.
  •  70% of all oil consumed in the U.S. is used for transportation.

“The U.S. transportation sector consumes about 220 billion gallons of liquid hydrocarbon fuel per year. Energy use in the transportation sector is primarily for passenger travel and freight movements. Passenger vehicles consist of light-duty vehicles (automobiles, motorcycles, and light trucks) and high-duty vehicles (buses, airplanes, boats, and trains). The freight modes of transport include truck, air, rail, pipeline, and marine (domestic barge and cargo). Energy is also used for military operations and off-highway vehicles used for construction and farming.”
Energy Information Administration

Approximately 250 million personal vehicles are registered in the USA, which amounts to about 25% of all personal vehicles in the world. About 60% of the personal vehicles in the U.S. are cars, the other 40% are SUVs, pick-up trucks and motorcycles.

U.S. Transportation fuel consumption accounts for over 70 percent of total U.S. oil consumption, and more than 65 percent of that amount is for personal vehicles. American drivers consume about nine million barrels of gasoline per day for personal transportation—378 million gallons every day—about 45 percent of total U.S. oil consumption.
U.S. Energy Information Administration

The United States consumes 20 million barrels of oil products every day.
  — 14 million barrels per day consumed for transportation fuel.
  —   9 million barrels of the transportation fuel is gasoline.

Gasoline accounts for forty-five percent of total U.S. oil consumption (9 million barrels per day).

The United States imports 6 million barrels of crude oil per day from OPEC nations.

Replacing gasoline with non-petroleum American made fuels would completely eliminate dependence on OPEC oil—and set an example for the world to follow.

Current U.S. fuel ethanol production capacity exceeds ten billion gallons per year; in contrast, Americans consume 140 billion gallons of gasoline per year. Fuel ethanol produced in the United States today is made primarily from corn starch by the process of fermentation and alcohol distillation. In the future, fuel ethanol will be made from non-food biomass, using advanced technology that will extract sugar molecules from the cellulose portion of biomass fiber—a technology that has not been demonstrated at commercial scale. Yet there is no reason to wait—if synthetic alcohol is added to the mix, America has the resources required to completely replace gasoline now.

American Energy Independence will be achieved when all cars, trucks and buses on U.S. highways — boats, ships and barges on U.S. waterways — aircraft flying U.S. airways — trains on U.S. railways — and off-road recreational, construction and farm vehicles, are powered by transportation fuels made in the USA from U.S. resources.


“Country of origin labeling (COOL) is required on most items you purchase, including food, clothing, cars and coffee. It was created and mandated by the government because of the simple belief that consumers have the right to know where their goods come from, and where their money is going. Mandating country of origin labeling for fuel sold in the United States will help create unprecedented consumer awareness of the costs and national security implications of our current fuel supply model. It’s a simple extension of the same premise used in the products you already buy.”
Labelmyfuel.com

Bookmark and Share

Most Popular
  1.  Methanol Fuel
  2.  The Alcohol Engine
  3.  Gasification Technology
  4.  National Security
  5.  Energy Crops
  6.  Sustainable Clean Energy Future
  7.  America's Solar Energy Potential
  8.  Algae Farms
  9.  Nuclear Energy
 10.  Nuclear Waste Storage